A conversation with Tara Dax
Recorded on 9 May 2021. Duration 45 mins approx.
Tara’s pronouns are they/them, and they identify as non-binary. Find out what that means to Tara in this episode.
As well as geeking out on Star Trek and conlangs (constructed languages), we dive deeper into masculine and feminine. We also talk about finding resonance in pronouns, meaning in a name and connection in a character, and debunking certain gender arguments people assume are rooted in biology.
Terminology: PCOS = polycystic ovary syndrome
“Trans rights and dignity and humanity should not even be dependent upon what the biology says or what the science says…if it’s real enough for somebody to identify as trans, it’s real.”
TRANSCRIPT [expand to read] – COMING SOON
What we discussed & useful links
- Jadzia Dax played by Terry Farrell
- The Star Trek Shitposting Facebook group
- Wesley Crusher played by Wil Wheaton
- Conlangs (constructed languages) like Klingon and those created by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Writing systems like Gallifreyan and Vulcan
Bimodal distribution [graphic below]
Chromosomal variations [graphic below]
- The meme created by Tara: