A conversation with Sally Goldner AM
BI/PAN TRANS INTROVERT HSP WOMAN
47 min. Recorded on 19 April 2021.
Sally’s pronouns are she/her, and she identifies as a bi/pan introvert & Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) trans woman. Find out what that means to Sally in this episode.
We also talk about how our unique personality labels interact with each other, unlearning and unblocking ourselves, balancing the masculine and feminine in leadership by becoming better at receiving and listening, and breaking the binary by queering Tantra.
“It was always this feeling of ‘something’s wrong with me’, but of course there wasn’t; I just was missing a piece of jigsaw puzzle to fit it all together.”
TRANSCRIPT [expand to read] – COMING SOON
Sally Goldner AM has been involved in Victoria’s queer communities for over twenty years. This includes Transgender Victoria, Transfamily, presenter of 3 CR’s “Out of the Pan” and Bisexual Alliance Victoria.
She was awarded an Order of Australia in 2019, inducted into the Victorian Women’s Honour Roll in 2016 and awarded LGBTI Victorian of the Year in 2015.
She is the focus of the bio-doco “Sally’s Story” [watch below], an educator, speaker, MC, life coach, leadership consultant and occasional performer (all in contrast to her original accountancy training)…with more to come!
You can find Sally on her website, sallygoldner.com, and she is also involved in Bisexual Alliance Victoria Inc., Transgender Victoria, Transfamily, and 3CR Community Radio.
What we discussed & useful links
- Midsumma Festival – celebrating queer arts & culture
- Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life is Your Hidden Strength book by Laurie Helgoe
- The Introvert Advantage: How Quiet People Can Thrive in an Extrovert World book by Marti Olsen Laney
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking book by Susan Cain
- The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People book by Carol Eikleberry
- Dossie Easton, co-author of The Ethical Slut (with Janet Hardy)
Urban Tantra book and course by Barbara Carrellas
The Art of Receiving and Giving book by Dr. Betty Martin & Robyn Dalzen