Reflections (part 1)
DISCOVERIES SO FAR
1 hr 6 min. Recorded on 25 December 2020.
This is another episode that’s different from the usual format. We are reversing roles, so Katy is interviewing Esther as she reflects on conversations she’s had with gender-diverse folks, what she’s learned about gender, as well as her own journey and how she evolved through it.
We talk about what it means to Esther to be cisgender, what gender diversity (or a lack thereof) was like growing up, how the podcast is a way of expressing her identity, recovering perfectionism, Vulcan philosophy, and that in the end, we are all more alike than different.
“For each episode I also make a website post, and I realised…making this page, it’s become kind of a ritual, because I feel like I’m honouring this person and their journey.”
TRANSCRIPT [expand to read] – COMING SOON
What we discussed & useful links
- Human to Human podcast episode ‘Podcasting & Gender with Esther’ with Jessica McDonald [listen below]
- Non-Binary East Anglia Facebook group
- Killing Eve & Villanelle’s pink dress
- IDIC – Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations (Vulcan philosophy; Star Trek)
- Alok Vaid-Menon, Jonathan Van Ness, Elliot Page, Blu del Barrio, Ian Alexander, Laverne Cox
- Podcast episodes to date: Kit (1), Fred (2), Harri Elouise (3), Edalia (4), Sarah (5), Sophia (6), Ange (7), Mel (8), Fred #2 (9), Bonnie (10), Charlie (11), Kit #2 (12), Theo Will (13), Allan (14), Kyl (15), Katy (16), Sam (17), Sophie (18), Allyship (19), Ela (20), Felix (21), Hannah (22), Robin (23), Alf (24).
Podcasting & Gender with Esther
Human to Human podcast with Jessica McDonald